Saturday, September 26, 2009

A thing of Animalistic beauty!

This weekend, my husband and I were invited to a birthday party.  I love any opportunity to get dressed up so I was really looking forward to it.  Originally I had planned on wearing this really cute, form fitting dress until as fate would have it I lucked up on this cute shirt I salvaged at a garage sale.  Yes, I said it a garage sale.  Brand spanking new with tags still attached.  I'd make you blush if I told you how much I paid for it.  Although the print of the shirt is quite bold it was fitting for me based on my body type.  I am about 5'7" with broad shoulders and average body build.  When contemplating attire with prints whether everyday or for special occasions one thing to remember is that you should choose prints that coorelate with your body type.  Short, petite sized body types should choose prints that are small to medium in defintion so as not appear too overwhelming in conjuction with your frame.  As for average/tall, to medium/larger figures you should choose prints that are larger in definition.  Any thing petite or too small would  be lost amongst your frame and can make you appear larger than life.  This same rule of thumb applies to the size of accessories (handbags, jewelry etc.) chosen to accenuate any ensemble you choose. 

 Although I really wasn't going for a theme with the attire I chose (given the tiger print blouse and feathered clutch) but it seems one just sort of formed all on it's own.  I call it Chic-CHIC with animalisitic tendencies!
This message has been brought to you by Mme. Closeture and is clothes captioned for the stylish impaired.

weardrobe details: black denim/Kenneth Cole; asymmetrical shirt/thrift; bronze peep toe pumps/Kenneth Cole;feathered clutch/Claire's

2 comments:

  1. Willow In Miami11/03/2009 05:52:00 PM

    I am drooling just checking out this ensemble. The purse first of all is to die for and then I don't know what animal had to die for that shirt and as much as I love cheetahs, I would kill for that top. I hadn't thought to check out garage sells for clothing treasures, but I should have because there are a couple of pieces clothing that I have donated that if I saw it hanging on the shelf in goodwill I would re-purchase. I have to remember to beng and purge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. There's nothing like a classy outfit that you can get for a steal. What are your thoughts about mixing animal prints? Are all animal prints up for grabs or only certain ones?

    ReplyDelete

Hang a comment in my closet.