Thursday, October 1, 2009

Double Dip

Fall is here but unfortunately I'm trying to hold on to summer just a bit longer.  Thus inspired this little ensemble I put together.  With the all black knee shorts and blazer I opted to brighten it up a bit with the color yellow (also with hopes it would uplift my mood since warmer weather is now a thing of the past.)
Was going to wear yellow tights to accentuate the yellow shirt but reconsidered the idea after determining the color was too stark for my complexion and would draw unneeded attention to my scrawny legs.  So I put on my "thinking cap" and came up with this creative idea to double dip.  I took a pair of modified fishnet tights and put them on over top the yellow tights and hence you see a version of herringbone designed tights with a peek-a-boo color of yellow underneath.  Just the right touch to add a little drama to an ordinary ensemble.
Damn I'm good!

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of toning down brightly colored tights by layering.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, so do I. I am going to try that for work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Willow In Miami11/03/2009 06:03:00 PM

    I never thought about toning down the bold color of tights by layering a textured fishnet over. That is a great idea as I have tons of different color tights that I was pondering how to wear to wear the brightly colored tights to work without looking like I work for the circus. My only problem would be how to get get myself out of not one, but two pairs of tights. I guess after feeling like I was being bear hugged by a boa constrictor for 8 or more hours I guess my daughter could do the honors of cutting me out of them. By the way I also love the knee length suit it works well with showing off the tights. Love Them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea. Very creative. What are your thoughts about the new lace tights? And, what about wearing wool shorts or cordoruy knee length shorts in the winter?

    ReplyDelete

Hang a comment in my closet.