Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Spark of Nostalgia

Today, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic as I wear a dress I salvaged from a local thrift store. I find myself wondering about it's previous owner(s) and all the different adventures its had and the many roads it's traveled before making it's way to me. From the material and print I'm guessing it's from the 70's era. I paired it with yet another retro heirloom, an over sized coin purse I rescued from my mother a couple of years ago. It just seemed to tie right into the whole retro vibe I have going on. "Thrifting" as I like to call it is not for everyone and most can't fathom the idea of buying someone else's hand me downs. This is me thumbing my nose at those snooty snobs but to my challenged stylistas just know that "Thrifting" is all about having an eye for style and an active imagination of "what could be" if a piece is rescued and altered to meet the standards of today's fashion or your own personal style. So take another look at the hand me downs of previous generations and behold the beauty of history.
weardrobe details: dress; Vintage Thrift/shoes: Kenneth Cole/handbag; mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hang a comment in my closet.